Ease of access, a highly skilled workforce, a “can do” business approach and sites to suit all needs means that Meath truly is Europe’s Business Ready Region. We want you to ‘Make it Meath’ and here’s what we have to offer to you:
4 major motorways running through Meath connect you to Dublin Airport and Seaport in just over 30 minutes.
Meath to Dublin airport?
Meath to Dublin seaport?
Meath to London?
2 and a half hours
(inc. check-in time)
Meath to New York?
(including 2hrs check-in time)
Meath to San Francisco?
13 and a half hours
(including 2hrs check-in time)
Commuting time within Meath?
Europe’s Business Ready Region
A Dynamic Business Environment
Meath offers the key attributes needed to make it Europe’s most Business Ready Region. Check out what we can offer you and your business:
- » We’re situated in a prime location within the European Union (EU).
- » We have a highly educated, experienced and English speaking workforce.
- » We have accessible and serviced green-field, industrial and office sites ideal for your business needs.
- » We’re experienced in attracting and working with high profile national and international brands such as Facebook, Shire, Coca-Cola, Generali and Alltech.
- » Parts of Meath qualify for tax relief and business incentives.
We have a “can do approach”. We’re inviting you to locate here in Meath and we’re here to help every step of the way.
A Highly Skilled Workforce
Choosing Meath as the location for your business gives you access to all the people and skills that you need:
- » Over 1.8m people live in or around Meath, over 57% of which are 3rd level graduates.
- » 33,000+ people commute out of the county every day. That talent is on your doorstep in Meath.
- » 33% of those already working in Meath are ‘Management’ or ‘Professional’ level.
- » Almost 20% working in Meath are ‘Skilled’ or ‘Semi-Skilled’.
- » In addition to a highly skilled English speaking workforce, we also have citizens that speak a variety of international languages – 37 different languages at the last census count.
A Partnership Approach
Considering Meath? Our process is clear, simple and designed to help!
STEP 1: An introductory meeting with Meath’s Chief Executive Jackie Maguire, Dir. Of Planning Pat Gallagher and Dir. Of Economic Development Kevin Stewart.
STEP 2: Our Senior Executive Planner will guide you through the establishment process, giving you one dedicated point of contact throughout.
STEP 3: Our business friendly and speedy approach to decision making. Once plans are submitted, we guarantee you a decision in just 5 weeks.
Our process is simple and our approach is one of partnership. We want you to #MakeItMeath and we’re here to work with you every step of the way.
Ease of Access
With Dublin Airport and Seaport just 30 minutes away via our 4 high speed motorways, Meath offers you, your team and your products easy access to the rest of the world.
- » Meath to London 2.5hours
- » Meath to New York 10hours
- » Meath to Dubai 11hours
- » Meath to Silicon Valley 13.5hours
- » Meath to Shanghai 15 hours
All travel times include 2 hours check in time at Dublin Airport.
A Simple Taxation System
Meath’s Business Ready offering is complimented by Ireland’s Business Friendly taxation system:
- » Corporate Tax Rate 12.5%
- » Tax rate of 25% applies to non-trading (passive) income
- » Much simpler tax compliance than UK tax system (source PwC)
- » Possible grant aid for qualifying R&D activities
- » Further benefits are available in certain designated development areas of Meath